Dr. Marion M. Pandiscio, MD of Manatee Gynecology in Bradenton, FL answers.

Can a family doctor provide gynecological care?

A family doctor can provide routine gynecologic care in most cases. If a woman is having bleeding problems, persistent pelvic pain or abnormal pap smears, or any other gynecologic problem that her family doctor is unable to resolve in a few visits, she should see a gynecologist. (Even if not having any problems, many women prefer to see a gynecologist every year for their annual exam.)  For more informative posts go to: https://www.sharecare.com/doctor/dr-marion-m-pandiscio